Thursday, January 28, 2010

Text as textures



My number one texture was selected because I felt the brown scratch paper and newsprint really worked well together, as well as the vary texts between the two, as the bolder, messier handwritten text poses a nicer contrast to the orderly newsprint. I did experiment with just newsprint and and just brown scratch paper, but they were much stronger combined; I also experimented with not creating some sort of flow or movement with the different mediums, but felt that the flow created by the brown paper emphasize the directions the dots in the Proximity idea the best. The nine below show my other texts as textures, the one posted right below came to a close second to being my choice because of a similar contrast between being bold and orderly.




No comments:

Post a Comment